1. Feldman HA, Goldstein I, Hatzichristou DG, et al. Impotence and its medical and psychosocial results of the Massachusetts Male Aging Study. J Urol. 1994 Jan;151(1):54-61.
1 a. https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/erectile-dysfunction Accessed on 5 November 2018.
2. Nicolosi A, Laumann EO, Glasser DB, Moreira ED Jr, Paik A, Gingell C; Global Study of Sexual Attitudes and Behaviors Investigators' Group. Sexual behavior and sexual dysfunctions after age 40: the global study of sexual attitudes and behaviors. Urology. 2004;64(5):991-7.
3. Erectile dysfunction : an overview. In: Medical Economics Company Secondary research group 2000. Contemporary urology. 2000 Fact book: urologists: facts about their practice.Montvale, NJ; Contemporary Urology; 2000: 58.
4. Data on file at Boston Scientific
5. Holden Ca, McLachlan RI, Pitts M, Cumming R, Wittert G, Agius PA, Handelsman DJ, de Krester DM. Men in Australia, Telephone Survey (MATeS): A National Survey of the Reproductive Health and Concerns Of Middle Aged and Older Australian Men. Lancet 2005; 366: 218-24
6. Erectile dysfunction. NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/erectiledysfunction.html. Accessed May 2015.
7. DiMeo PJ. Psychosocial and relationship issues in men with erectile dysfunction. Urol Nurs. 2006 Dec;26(6):442-6.
8. Erectile dysfunction (ED). www.auanet.org/content/education-and-meetings/med-stu-curriculum/ed.pdf. American Urological Association Website. Downloaded January 21, 2013.
9. Shabsigh R, MD, Lue TF, MD. A Clinician’s Guide to ED Management. New York: Haymarket Media Inc.; 2006.
10. Matthew AG, Goldman A, Trachtenberg J, et al. Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy: prevalence, treatments, restricted use of treatments and distress. J Urol. 2005 Dec;174(6):2105-10.
11. Catalona, Dr. William J. Sexual Potency After a Radical Prostatectomy. https://www.drcatalona.com/qa/faq_rp-potency.asp. Urological Research Foundation Website. Accessed December 22, 2014.
12. Haglind E, Carlsson S, Stranne J, et al. Urinary Incontinence and Erectile Dysfunction after Robotic Versus Open Radical Prostatectomy: A Prospective Controlled Nonrandomized Trial. Eur Urol. 2015 Mar 11.Pii: S0302-2838(15)00194-3.
14. Wittmann D, Carolan M, Given B, et al. What couples say about their recovery of sexual intimacy after prostatectomy: Toward the development of a conceptual model of couples’ sexual recovery after surgery for prostate cancer. J Sex Med. 2015 Feb;12(2):494-504.
15. Mulhall JP, Bivalacqua TJ, Becher EF. Standard operating procedure for the preservation of erectile function outcomes after radical prostatectomy. J Sex Med. 2013 Jan;10(1):195-203.
16. Phé V, Rouprêt M. Erectile dysfunction and diabetes: A review of the current evidence-based medicine and a synthesis of the main available therapies. Diabetes & Metabolism. 2012;38:1.
17. Sexual and Urologic Problems of Diabetes. NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/sup/. Accessed May 2015.
18. Hatzimouratidis K, Hatzichristou D. How to treat erectile dysfunction in men with diabetes: from pathophysiology to treatment. Curr Diab Rep. 2014; 14(11): 545.
19. Malavige LS, Levy JC. Erectile dysfunction in diabetes mellitus. J Sex Med. 2009;6(5):1232-47.
20. Walsh TJ, Hotaling JM, Smith A, et al. Men with diabetes may require more aggressive treatment for ED. Int J of Impotence Research. 2014 May-June;26(3):112-115.
21. Gandaglia G, Briganti A, Jackson G, et al. A systematic review of the association between erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease. Eur Urol. 2014 May;65(5):968-78.
22. Bohm M, Baumhäkel M, Teo K, et al. Erectile dysfunction predicts cardiovascular events in high-risk patients receiving Telmisartan, Ramipril, or both: The ongoing Telmisartan alone and in combination with Ramipril global endpoint trial/Telmisartan randomized assessment study in ACE intolerant subjects with cardiovascular disease (ONTARGET/TRANSCEND) trials. Circulation. 2010 Mar 30;121(12):1439-46.
23. Montorsi R, Rigatti P, Carmingnani G, et al. AMS three-piece inflatable implants for erectile dysfunction: a long-term multi-institution study in 200 consecutive patients. Eur Urol. 2000 Jan;37(1):50-55.
24. AMS 700™ with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis Product Line Instructions for Use. American Medical Systems. 2016.
25. Viagra™ Prescribing information. Pfizer, Inc. Revised January 2010.
26. Cialis™ Prescribing information, Lily USA, LLC. Revised October 2011.
27. Levitra™ Prescribing information, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals,. Revised November 2011.
28. Osbon ErecAid™ Esteem™ Vacuum Therapy System User Guide. Timm Medical Technologies, Inc. 2011.
29. Stendra™ Prescribing Information. Vivus, Inc. 2014.
30. Hellstrom WJ, Montague DK, Moncada I, et al. Implants, mechanical devices, and vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med. 2010 Jan;7(1 Pt 2):501-23.
31. Caverject™ Prescribing Information. Pharmacia & Upjohn Company. Revised March 2014.
32. Brant WO, Bella AJ, Lue TF. Treatment options for erectile dysfunction. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2007;36(2):465-479.
33. AMS 700 Penile Prosthesis Operating Room Manual. American Medical Systems. 2012.
34. AMS 700™ Patient Manual. Information and Instructions for Patients Considering an Inflatable Penile Prosthesis. American Medical Systems, Inc. 2016.
35. Scott FB, Bradley WE, Timm GW. Management of erectile impotence: use of implantable inflatable prosthesis. Urology. 1973 Jul:2(1):80-2.
36. Jackson G, Rosen RC, et al. The second Princeton consensus on sexual dysfunction and cardiac risk: new guidelines for sexual medicine. J Sex Med. 2006 Jan;3(1):28–36.
37. Catalona, Dr. William J. Conditions after a Radical Prostatectomy. https://www.drcatalona.com/qa/faq_rp-conditions.asp. Accessed May 2015.
38. AMS 700™ Patient Manual. Information and Instructions for Patients Considering an Inflatable Penile Prosthesis. American Medical Systems, LLC. 2012.
39. Penile Implants-Erectile Dysfunction. Sex Health Matters Website: https://www.sexhealthmatters.org/erectile-dysfunction/penile-implants-erectile-dysfunction/P7. Accessed December 3, 2014.
40. Kerfoot WW, Carson CC. Pharmacologically induced erection among geriatric men. J Urol. 1991 Oct; 146(4): 1022-4.
41. Sung HH, Ahn JS, Kim JJ, et al. The role of intracavernosal injection therapy and the reasons of withdrawal from therapy in patients with erectile dysfunction in the era of PDE5 inhibitors. Andrology. 2014 Jan;2(1):45-50.
42. Ishii N, Watanabe H, Irisawa C, et al. Intracavernous injection of prostaglandin E1 for the treatment of erectile impotence. J Urol. 1989 Feb;141(2):323-5.
43. Defade BP, Carson CC 3rd, Kennelly MJ. Postprostatectomy erectile dysfunction: the role of penile rehabilitation. Rev Urol. 2011;13(1): 6-13.
44. Carson CC III, Mulcahy JJ, Harsch MR. Long-term infection outcomes after original antibiotic impregnated inflatable penile prosthesis implant: up to 7.7 years of follow-up. J Urol. 2011 Feb;185(2):614-8.
45. Levine LA, Estrada CR, Morgentaler A. Mechanical reliability and safety of, and patient satisfaction with the Ambicor inflatable penile prosthesis: results of a 2 center study. J Urol. 2001 Sep;166(3):932-7.
46. Erectile Dysfunction. https://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/ED/ErectileDysfunction_508.pdf. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse Web site. Downloaded January 21, 2013.
47. Selvin E, Burnett A, Platz E. Prevalence and risk factors for erectile dysfunction in the U.S. Am J Med. 2007;(120):151-157.
48. Carter HB. Prostate Disorders: the Johns Hopkins White Papers. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins Medicine; 2010: 1,3.
49. Mayo Clinic. Peyronie’s Disease. 2014. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peyronies-disease/basics/complications/con-20028765. Accessed January 9, 2016.
50. Peyronie’s disease. Mayo Clinic. www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peyronies-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20353468. Accessed January 9, 2016.
51. Sullivan J, Moskovic D, Nelson C, et al. Peyronie’s disease: urologist’s knowledge base and practice patterns. Andrology. 2015 Mar;3(2):260-4.
52. Kirby EW, Verges D, Matthews J, et al. Low testosterone has a similar prevalence among men with sexual dysfunction due to either Peyronie’s disease or erectile dysfunction and does not correlate with Peyronie’s disease severity. J Sex Med. 2015 Mar;12(3):690-6.
53. Chung E. Diagnosis and management of Peyronie’s disease: an evidence-based review. Trends in Urology & Men’s Health. 2015 Jan/Feb;18-22.
54. Chung E, Solomon M, DeYoung L, et al. Comparison between AMS 700™ CX and Coloplast™ Titan inflatable penile prosthesis for Peyronie’s disease treatment and remodeling: clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. J Sex Med. 2013 Nov;10(11):2855-60.
55. Bernal RM, Henry GD. Contemporary patient satisfaction rates for three-piece inflatable penile prostheses. Adv Urol. 2012;2012:707321.
56. Enemchukwu EA, Kaufman MR, Whittam BM, et al. Comparative revision rates of inflatable penile prosthesis using woven Dacron® fabric cylinders. J Urol. 2013 Dec;190(6):2189-93.
57. Brooke JC, Walter DJ, Kapoor D, Marsh H, Muraleedharan V, Jones TH. Testosterone deficiency and severity of erectile dysfunction are independently associated with reduced quality of life in men with type 2 diabetes. Andrology. 2014; 2 (2): 205-11.
58. Millar AC, Lau AN, Tomlinson G, Kraguljac A, Simel DL, Detsky AS, Lipscombe LL. Predicting low testosterone in aging men: a systematic review. CMAJ. 2016; 188 (13): E321-30.
59. Barkin J. Erectile dysfunction and low testosterone: cause or an effect? Can J Urol. 2010; 17 Suppl 1: 2-11.
60. Almehmadi Y, Yassin DJ, Yassin AA. Erectile dysfunction is a prognostic indicator of comorbidities in men with late onset hypogonadism. Aging Male. 2015; 18 (3): 186-94.
61. Hackett G, Krychman M, Baldwin D, Bennett N, El-Zawahry A, Graziottin A, Lukasiewicz M, McVary K, Sato Y, Incrocci L. Coronary Heart Disease, Diabetes, and Sexuality in Men. J Sex Med. 2016; 13 (6): 887-904.
62. Bashin S, Cunningham G, Hayes F, et al. Testosterone therapy in men with androgen deficiency syndromes: An Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. J Clin Endocrin Metab. 2010 Jun;95(6):2536-59.
63. Goldstein I, Chambers R, Tang W, Stecher V, Hassan T. Real-world observational results from a database of 48 million men in the United States: Relationship of cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus and depression with age and erectile dysfunction. Int J Clin Pract. 2018; 72 (4): e13078
64. Panach-Navarrete J, Martinez-Jabaloyas JM, group D-Ss. The influence of comorbidities on the aging males' symptoms scale in patients with erectile dysfunction. Aging Male. 2017; 20 (3): 146-52.
65. Nelson CJ, Mulhall JP, Roth AJ. The association between erectile dysfunction and depressive symptoms in men treated for prostate cancer. J Sex Med. 2011; 8 (2): 560-6.
66. McCabe MP, Althof SE. A systematic review of the psychosocial outcomes associated with erectile dysfunction: Does the impact of erectile dysfunction extend beyond a man's inability to have sex? J Sex Med. 2014; 11 (2): 347-63.
67. Yafi FA, Jenkins L, Albersen M, Corona G, Isidori AM, Goldfarb S, Maggi M, Nelson CJ, Parish S, Salonia A, Tan R, Mulhall JP, Hellstrom WJ. Erectile dysfunction. Nature reviews Disease primers. 2016; 2: 16003.
68. De Berardis G, Pellegrini F, Franciosi M, et al. Longitudinal assessment of quality of life in patients with Type 2 diabetes and self-reported erectile dysfunction. Diabetes Care. 2005 Nov;28(11):2637-43.
69. Soterio-Pires JH, Hirotsu C, Kim LJ, Bittencourt L, Tufik S, Andersen ML. The interaction between erectile dysfunction complaints and depression in men: a cross-sectional study about sleep, hormones and quality of life. Int J Impot Res. 2017; 29 (2): 70-5.
70. Utomo E, Blok BF, Pastoor H, Bangma CH, Korfage IJ. The measurement properties of the five-item International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5): a Dutch validation study. Andrology. 2015; 3 (6): 1154-9. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/andr.12112
71. Brooke JC, Walter DJ, Kapoor D, Marsh H, Muraleedharan V, Jones TH. Testosterone deficiency and severity of erectile dysfunction are independently associated with reduced quality of life in men with type 2 diabetes. Andrology. 2014; 2 (2): 205-11. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.2047-2927.2013.00177.x
72. Australian Counselling. An Overview of Counselling and Psychotherapy
https://www.australiacounselling.com.au/counselling-psychotherapy-overview/ Accessed 14 January 2020
73. WedMD. Erectile Dysfunction>Guide Erectile Dysfunction: Psychological Causes: https://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/guide/ed-psychological-causes Accessed 14 January 2020
74. Science Direct. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy Volume 112, April 2019, 108585 Male sexual dysfunction: A review of literature on its pathological mechanisms, potential risk factors, and herbal drug intervention Lei Chena, Guang-rui Shib, Dan-dan Huang, Yang Li, Chen-chao Ma, , Min Shia, Bin-xiao Su Guang-jiangShig https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0753332218353289#bibl0005 Accessed 14 January 2020
75. Healthy Male Andrology Australia. Fact Sheet Erectile Dysfunction: erectile_dysfunction_fact_sheet_healthy_male_2019 https://www.healthymale.org.au/files/resources/erectile_dysfunction_fact_sheet_healthy_male_2019.pdf Accessed 20 November 2019
76. Chung, E., & Gillman, M. (2014). Prostate cancer survivorship: a review of erectile dysfunction and penile rehabilitation after prostate cancer therapy. Medical Journal of Australia, 200(10), 582–585. doi: 10.5694/mja13.11028
77. Derouet H, Caspari D, Rohde V, et al. Treatment of erectile dysfunction with external vacuum devices. Andrologia. 1999;31(Suppl 1):89-94.
78. Prabhu V, Alukal JP, Laze J, et al. Long-term satisfaction and predictors of use of intracorporeal injections for post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction. J Urol. 2013 Jan;189(1):238-42.
79. Kalchev, I., Alargof, E., Botsevski, A., Kotsev, J., & Georgiev, G. (2011). S6 Comparison Of Erectile Function And Satisfaction Rate In Men Treated With Oral Drugs, Intracavernosal Injections (Ici) And Penile Prosthesis. European Urology Supplements, 10(9), 578. doi: 10.1016/s1569-9056(11)61448-6